Tabs

Monday, November 1, 2010

Wedding Bells are in the air!!

In less than 2 days I will be in Charlottesville, VA prepping for Ellen's big day which is t-minus 5 days!  I have known Ellen since we were 5 years old where we met for the first time in Daisy Scouts (which is what you are before you are a Brownie/Girl Scout.)  She has always been more like a sister to me.  We were pretty much inseparable - we went to the same school, same after school program ... and seeing as we were besties ... we were in all the same activities outside of school (cheerleading, art class, horseback riding, camps, Girl Scouts, etc.)  One MAJOR perk of being an only child was that I was allowed to bring a friend with me on almost all our family trips.  Ellen has traveled the globe with us (Cabo, Hong Kong and many trips to Colorado!) I am so honored to be a part of her and Joel's big day and I am beyond grateful that we are still in eachothers lives.  When I went to boarding school in 10th grade, we went our separate ways for a few years but then seemed to pick back up where we left off (minus the slumber parties, dolls and silly boy troubles.)  She is my dearest friend who I have know the longest out of any friend (22 years!!) and I look forward to the many years ahead of us. In preparation for my Matron of Honor toast, I was looking through old photos ... I have gathered a few (embarrassing and all) for your viewing 'pleasure' ... sorry ahead of time :o)
Daisy Scouts circa 1988 - I'm lower Left and Ellen is lower Right (we are 5yrs old)
Off to Girl Scout camp! (Ellen in Yellow... I'm the tall one ...lol) circa 1990ish
Colorado!
Circa '93/'94 - 5th or 6th grade 'orchestra'
Circa 1993/94
1995 Cheerleading for the Irvine Chargers
1997 Hong Kong (14yrs old)
2002 Cabo
2007 my Bachelorette party
2007 My wedding!
All grown up!
* Ellen (yes, I'm one of like 2 people who still calls you that) - love you girl! I am so excited for you and Joel and I am so honored to be included in your big day!  I promise to do my best to make it special for you and as seamless as possible.  xoxo

I promise to post pictures of Ellen's big day next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment