Tabs

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

God's Country

Enchantments - Day 2
I feel truly blessed every morning that I wake up and get to see the beautiful place I get to call home everyday.  For those who don't know, Caleb and I currently live on 6 acres out in the country.  We are tucked into the foothills of the Cascade Mountains and the beauty of it all makes dealing with dreary rainy Seattle days much more bearable.  Here are pictures from Day 2 of my backpacking trip to the Enchantments, you'll see what I mean ... God's Country - truly breathtaking.
We headed up another 1500 ft to get to Upper Enchantments
"Hey guys, look! A goat!"
Lake Viviane 6500 ft elevation

Standing at 7000 ft looking down at base camp - Lower Snow
Big storm clouds started to roll in

Playin Phase 10 - it was soooo cold!
At the end of the day everyone went into their tents to warm up and keep out of the wind.  I decided to stick it out cause I really wanted to see the sunset and I am glad I did!  It was gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment