Tabs

Sunday, May 23, 2010

5k or Bust!

We did it! Caleb and I ran our first 5k and it was a blast! The race was down in Tualatin, OR and we actually ran through one of Caleb's old neighborhoods. It was great doing a race down there since Shelley, Dave, Danielle and Aubrey were there at the finish line to cheer us on! I am very proud of myself for running even though I had a pretty bad head cold, but having my hubby by my side and family at the finish line made all the difference!
For a little background ...
Last October, Caleb and I bundled up and headed out into the rain to cheer on Scott while he ran the Seattle Marathon (where he ended up qualifying for Boston!) After that I decided I should put my words into action and actually sign myself up for a race since I had been talking about doing it for years. So later that month I signed up to run the Portland Half Marathon on 10-10-10. I figured it would be a good idea to get a few races under my belt before then so I signed up for a 10k in April (which I wasnt able to run since I injured myself), a 5k in May, a half marathon in July and a 10k in August all in preparation for the half marathon. I was so very excited when I asked Caleb to run the '5k Rum Run' with me and he said YES!!



Caleb getting a victory kiss from Miley pup. Is there anything better? :)


Celebrating our finish with a refreshing Mojito! Part of our registration fee went to cover one Mojito and one beer (so Caleb had both!) It was just what we needed!


I am currently training for the half marathon I have coming up July 17th at Lake Chelan! Wish me luck!! 13.1 miles is a bit longer than 3.2, but I am young right? So I should be able to do it! ;) hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment