Tabs

Monday, May 3, 2010

Seattle Center

What is the first thing that pops into your mind when I mention the Seattle skyline? Probably the Space Needle that has been around since the 1962 Worlds Fair. What some people might not know is that the area around the Space Needle is just as popular to visit and is called Seattle Center. The Seattle Center has many different attraction like the Key Arena, EMP (Experience Music Project) and the International Fountain where you will find kids and pets of all sizes and ages running down to try and touch the fountain without getting wet.


For my field trip a few weeks back, I had an assignment to go photograph 'people' at Seattle Center. We had a set time to meet which is before the crowds arrive, but the advantage is ... drum roll please ... free parking! Ok, so maybe it is more exciting for me, but it is so hard to find FREE parking in downtown Seattle!! Since we had arrived so early I spent a few hours that morning photographing reflections and monochromatic patterns. Here are some shots of the amazing EMP building ...





It really is amazing that any time I have been to Seattle Center, no matter what the weather might be, there are always kids running down into International fountain to try and touch the water. For those who have never been, music plays while the fountain displays a beautiful timed water show. When I was there photographing, it in the high 50's and breezy, so by no means was it "warm" out. But that didn't stop the kids! You can always find people watching, running or even snoozing round the fountain ...





Every weekend in Center House there is a different "theme," and the weekend I was there they were celebrating the Japanese heritage. They had some amazing drummers that were challenging to shoot but amazing to listen to!

I can seriously keep myself entertained for the entire day with a camera in my hands :)

No comments:

Post a Comment