Tabs

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snowflakes, my Tripod & lots of Hats

Each year, I like to get a 'family photo' of our family and this year it seemed like the whole year snuck by before I could really plan out a time to go somewhere to do it.  It had been on my mind since Spring, but being out of town each month, projects and life, it seemed to never 'work out' in our schedules.  With the year quickly coming to a close, I decided to wrap it all into 1 photoshoot - 'family photo' our 'holiday photo' and our '3 year anniversary' photo - check, check & check! I've been playing with Photoshop all day, so I decided to take the opportunity to share some other photos that you did not see on our holiday card ...
Leavenworth bound - a car packed with lots of hats, warm clothing, and my tripod, we headed East. Snow was in the forecast, so I had my fingers crossed, but it was still pretty early in the season (Nov) and we all know how 'accurate' the weather man is (insert LOTS of sarcasm.) As we drove over the pass I got really excited because there was a ton of fresh snow, but then right as we hit the 59er Diner (base of the pass on the East side) there was NOTHING that even resembled snow - DARN!  After some quick thinking I decided our best bet to find the white stuff that I SO wanted in our photos was to head out Icicle Creek - I knew it was high enough that there could be a chance for some snow.  We pulled off on a random spot on the road and set up my tripod and began shooting away. We had a great time and the snow flurries were falling the entire time we were shooting.  Needless to say we were a bit chilly after and headed into town to have some brats and beer - a perfect way to end the day.

2 comments:

  1. I like all the pictures, but I really like the ear muff's, to cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Virginia! Caleb got them for me a few years ago and I love to wear them.

    ReplyDelete